Welcome to the website of D66 Lisse. We are the department in Lisse of the political party D (for Democrats) 66 (founded in 1966). Whether you are a first time voter in The Netherlands, or you have been here since long, we welcome you to read our priorities for the elections of March 21st, 2018.
Can I vote for the municipal elections of March 21, 2018?
In municipal elections (Gemeenteraad), expats have the right to participate as long as they are registered with their municipality. Non-EU citizens must have lived in the Netherlands uninterrupted for at least five years.
Main themes of D66 Lisse
- Sports and exercise
- DigiFund education; teachers and pupils in Lisse can receive compensation to increase their digital skills or for the digitization of education.
- Every primary school deserves a concierge! Incentives for concierges on primary schools.
- We want to set up a citizen panel and a youth council to promote participation in the government.
- A sustainable, green and environmentally conscious approach.
- D66 rewards investing in sustainability. Private owners of homes older than ten years get a 50% discount on OZB for two years, if they improve the energy label of their home with two steps.
- Less rules; more entrepreneurship. Diversity in terrace precario.
- D66 stimulates a healthy lifestyle. For example, we want water taps in school squares and playgrounds.
- Sports and exercise fit into a healthy, active life. We make a plan for the design of a mobile-friendly public space.
- We are fighting against long waiting lists in youth care.
- D66 is against budget cuts on the budget intended for culture.
- The digital highway for individuals and entrepreneurs is being improved with the installation of optical fiber to every house number.